Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trailer Tuesdays - The Guilt Trip

The one thing I love most about going to the movie theatre is seeing new trailers. It's a great way to see what's coming out soon and what can be put on the movie list for that time. I dared to go to the theatre on a Friday night for the opening day of Flight (a review on that movie will be posted shortly) and was hoping to see at least one new trailer. And I got my wish.

The Guilt Trip is an upcoming comedy starring Seth Rogen and Barbara Streisand. No, that was not a typo. Barbara Streisand is starring in a new movie! That's reason enough for me to see this movie!

Here's the trailer:


Road trip movies always seem to bring out the big laughs (think Plane, Trains and Automobiles or more recently, Due Date) so I am happy to see that this movie looks to do the same. The pairing of Rogen and Streisand is genius - who would have ever imagined these two actors in a film together!

The film is set to be released on December 19 - which is great marketing on Paramount's behalf seeing as it has a family-type vibe to it and the movie theatres seem to be packed with families leading up to the holidays.

I love a good comedy so I have high hopes for this film. With Streisand's last comedic adventure (Meet the Fockers and Little Fockers) and Rogen's numerous laugh out loud hits (Pineapple Express, Paul, Knocked Up, etc) I have a feeling I won't be let down.

For more information on the upcoming film, check out the Wikipedia page. 

1 comment:

Christine said...

Ha! I did think it was a typo!

I don't mind Seth Rogan but I don't enjoy his overly raunchy comedy too much. It sometimes feels a little forced.